Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!

I know, I know. That was a terrible headline! But in my defense, it's actually true. Now that I've gotten over the initial trauma of cutting my hair short in the first place, I'm ready to just get the inevitable over with and shave it off. It's kind of annoying me anyway, falling out all over the place whenever I touch it. So, tonight is my last night with hair for a while.

How weird.

Even weirder, though, was the realization that hit me today: that I actually cried more when cutting my hair than I did when I found out I had cancer! Which I can only interpret as meaning that I care more about my looks than I do about my life.

Clearly, I have a problem with priorities.

Anyway. As a further (obviously much-needed) blow to my vanity, I'll make sure to post some pics from the shaving party. Unless, of course, they are embarrassing. So stay tuned...

8 comments:

Bonnie Lang said...

Hey Grace!

Wow...hard to believe you are going through all of this. It's all quite fresh and real for us as my husband Mikey has just finished 6 months of chemo for the same cancer...and man we sure made our own cancer jokes throughout the whole time that thought were funny and okay since WE made them...but didn't always come across that way. ;) We love your humor!

May God give you the grace, humility, and ability to enjoy the different stages of your new phase of life Grace...even the ups and downs and the days of hard discouragements. He is good, all the time...we didn't always want to hear it, but we know He was in it all...and I can tell you feel the same. :)

Sure wish we could connect over a cup of California Peet's coffee! Take care and we love ya!

-bonnie (and mikey) lang

Shunshine Girl said...

I'm sorry. It's easy to deny what you can't see & very difficult to deny what you can see. Cry it out girl! This too shall pass...

Shunshine Girl said...

P.S. Does this mean that you won't have to worry about leg hair either? :o)

Anonymous said...

'Headline'! You're funny.

(No shaving legs either? There is balm in Gilead!)

grackyfrogg said...

oddly enough, the doctor said it's rare to lose body hair. which seems really weird to me. i mean honestly, if some hair is going to fall out and some isn't, why couldn't it be the body hair that would fall out and the head hair that stayed on?! argh! so annoying.

oh well.

Anonymous said...

Life just ain't fair!

Abbie Nelson said...

Embarrassing?? Come on...after that freakishly large belly picture I posted...I dare you to come up with ANYTHING even HALF as humiliating.

Beth said...

I would have the exact same reaction if I found out I had cancer. I would say, "Ok, what do I do to get rid of it?" And then cry when the cure made me lose my hair. :P