If someone came up to me and said, "Hey, I'm going hunting for leprechauns, where should I start?" I'd probably laugh at them. A lot. But when I recovered (which wouldn't be for awhile), I'd suggest, oh I don't know, maybe Ireland. Just as a guess. But it turns out that I'd be wrong.
Because according to the following news report, a leprechaun was spotted in a tree in Mobile, Alabama (and there's a series of phrases that I never thought I'd string together in a single sentence). Why Mobile, you ask? It's a mystery. Maybe the leprechaun likes deep Southern cooking. Anyway, his presence caused great excitement among lots of people (except for one lady who said it was probably a crackhead, and that the crack told him to climb the tree).
Watch the Leprechaun News Report here.
I really hope you are able to watch this clip. Trust me, it is SOOOO worth it.
My favorite part is the African-American man who is "prepared for his encounter with the leprechaun," carrying around a special magic flute that, I guess, attracts or repels the Wee Folk (I wasn't clear on that one), and which has been in his family for generations, passed down by his great-great-grandfather... who was Irish.
(Upon several viewings, I've come to the conclusion that he was being sarcastic. He MUST be being sarcastic!)
My other favorite part is when they show an amateur sketch of the supposed leprechaun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
GrackyFrogg, the man "directing traffic" was the slow, dry humor of the piece. How much direction does one car alone on a road need?
Hilarious.
i just found it interesting that we never see this leprechaun that EVERYONE is staring at (apparently). i mean, what was the camera guy DOING??? (besides laughing his head off, of course--maybe he was on crack.)
also, why does traffic guy (who is the magic leprechaun flute guy too, btw) tell the driver of the lone vehicle, "don't be afraid"? afraid of what? it's daylight! the crowds have dispersed!
it was all wonderfully weird. i laugh out loud every time i watch that clip.
oh well, joci--don't worry, cuz none of us who saw the video saw the leprechaun either!
he's a sneaky little guy! of course, if the camera man had maybe aimed at the tree that everyone was looking at, it might have helped. but we will never know.
Post a Comment