Friday, March 31, 2006

The Things I Carry...In My Car

Today I cleaned out my car. Here is a list of things I found (by no means exhaustive):

Books:
-Til We Have Faces, by C.S. Lewis
-Three Junes, by Julia Glass
-Interpreter of Maladies, by Jhumpa Lahiri
-Esther Stories, by Peter Orner
-The Jesus I Never Knew, by Philip Yancey
-My California, a collection of essays about... California (duh)
-A book of piano exercises by Kohler (I was wondering where that was!)
-A Bible

Magazines:
-Harper's
-Paste Magazine (2 issues)
-Poets & Writers
-Shape
-National Geographic Traveler
-Granta

(All of the above were from 2005, except one issue of Paste, which was from 2004. Oh, and Poets & Writers, which was from 2006.)

Clothes:
-Snowboarding pants
-2 sweatshirts
-Thermal shirt
-Beanie
-A bathrobe I bought for someone for Christmas and ended up not giving to them, and yet not returning--still brand-new in its packaging

Misc:
-"Fresh Vanilla" body splash from Bath & Body Works
-"Cucumber Melon" anti-bacterial hand gel, also from B&B (never used)
-"Juniper Breeze" anti-bacterial hand gel, etc. (used once or twice)
-Vanilla bean lip balm from B&B (which I think might be two years old, and which went through the wash once, but it still tastes good)
-Chocolate peppermint stick lip balm, by the folks who make Luna/Cliff bars, and which I picked up at the SF Nike Marathon in October
-A bar of glycerine soap, still in its wrapping
-A lipstick called "Wine With Everything" which I tried once and thought was WAY too magenta-y (why do I have this? I don't even USE lipstick!)
-A check for $19.38 from my mother--made out to me in July 2005
-A St. Patrick's Day clover-shaped plastic green ring, which I took off of a cupcake and kept for some reason (but hey, at least it was from THIS year's St. Paddy's)


Note: This whole post constitutes reason #54 why the frogg is still single.)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Money? No left over in-n-out fries?

grackyfrogg said...

well, there was the check for $19.38... :)

in-n-out fries, no, but i did find an empty cheez-nips wrapper.

speaking of in-n-out, that was my lunch today! mmm-mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Grace,

I seemed to have misplaced an ear. Could you check the glove box?

V. Van Gogh

Anonymous said...

Grace,

The trunk is roomier than I thought. Could you leave that Lewis book in here a little longer?...it's a good read.

Regards,
Atlantis

grackyfrogg said...

LOL.

vincent darling, i will see what i can do for you. but let me just say, this is what comes of lending an ear too often...didn't i warn you? sigh...

and atlantis, why i thought i'd lost you! you disappeared for awhile. i am glad you haven't sunk completely into oblivion after all, only my trunk. but you know, that is one of my favorite books, so when ARE you going to be finished with it?? heavens!

R.A. said...

Are you driving a 1970s Ford LTD? That's quite a collection! That was a fun-to-read one, good for putting smiles on faces.

Anonymous said...

Madamoiselle Grace,

Happen to have any German battle plans in your vehicle? I hate occupation...

Warmly,
France

Anonymous said...

Grace,

While you're at it, keep an eye out for my dignity. I'm trying to recover it.

Sincerely,

B. Affleck

grackyfrogg said...

well freedom--may i call you "freedom"?--i am afraid you're out of luck there. wish i could help!

and ben, i'd be happy to keep an eye out for your dignity, if i only knew what it looked like!

Anonymous said...

Grace,

About that hand wash...our warehouses are completely out and we are trying to recover a few bottles to fill our bare shelves. Seeing that you haven't used any Juniper Breeze(and this is by no means an insinuation that your lack of hygiene has lead to your singleness), would you mind parting with it?

Gratefully,
Bath and Body Works Retail Division

Anonymous said...

Ms. Farag,

Could you browse the back seat for some respectable diction?


Swimmingly,

G. W. Bush

grackyfrogg said...

LOL!

ok, whoever you are, i don't say what i'm about to say very often, so savor the flavor--YOU WIN!

thanks for making my day just a little more surreal. i had fun. :)

grackyfrogg said...

(pssst! by the way, that's your cue to say, "hi grace! it's me, [your name here.]")

:)

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't this "touche" moment be so much more delicious if I remained anonymous? Victory is to be relished by the victor, you know.

Anonymous said...

ok...you win...


"hi grace! it's me, [your name here.]"

happy?

grackyfrogg said...

i knew you were going to do that!

grackyfrogg said...

and if i said i wasn't happy, then what would you do?

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Madamoiselle Grace, have you seen our white flag?



Sincerely,
France

Anonymous said...

Hey this is "Wine..." have seen "with everything?"

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Bill S. Esquire, have you seen Ted? Excellent! Sam Dimas High School Football Rules!