Hey everybody. Since I was feeling creatively challenged, today's installment of my Christmas story was done as a Mad Lib. I wrote up the story, then took out some key words and had a friend fill in the blanks without letting her look at the story. The blanks are indicated by the underlined words. Hope you enjoy the results of our experiment as much as I did—though I readily admit it doesn't take much to amuse me.
Once upon a time, the frogg princess woke up on the eighth day before Christmas and had a panic attack, because she had not done any shopping for her true love, even though she had already gotten some gooey(adjective) gifts from him. So she decided it was time to go shopping!
The frogg chased(verb) around the mall slowly(adverb). In the first store she went to, she found a crusty(adjective) cheese(noun) but she wasn’t sure it was quite his style. For one thing, it was too manila(color). Then she thought that maybe he would like a camel(animal). But then she remembered his allergies. If she got one of those he would soar(verb) constantly. So she changed her mind about a pet, and went out and found a place that sold potholes(plural noun).
“Hey,” she said to the clerk, picking up a pothole. “This is pretty greasy(adjective). How much is it?”
“21(number) dollars,” said the clerk, who was squatting(verb) her nails, which were a rusty(adjective) shade of pea-green(color).
“Well, that sounds reasonable,” said the frogg creepily(adverb). “I’ll take it.”
“Whoa(exclamation!)” said the clerk. “I know your true love will squeeze(verb) it.”
“Yeah, well, he better,” said the frogg.
“Here you go,” said the clerk, putting the pothole in a shopping bag.
The frogg drove home grumpily(adverb). She was so prickly(adjective) that she had found such an itchy(adjective) gift.
When the frogg arrived at her house, she saw an envelope taped to the door with her name on it.
“Oh!” she thought quickly(adverb). “This is surely from my true love!”
She opened the envelope loudly(adverb). Inside was a sweet(adjective) necklace with a pendant of five interlocking rings—kind like the Olympic logo.
“Hmm,” thought the frogg. “Five golden rings! This is a very clear(adjective) necklace. How dirty(adjective) of my true love! I just swing(verb) him so much.”
And the frogg went to sleep that night, feeling flashy(adjective).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Feeling Flashy. Nice, very nice. :) I also like the part where the frogg drives home grumpily. What an accurate description. Ha!
i can't imagine what you mean. what reason could i possibly have to get grumpy while driving? especially in LA??
so perfectly apt! hahaha! :)
loved it.
and rusty pea-green? ewww
Post a Comment