Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It Ain't Lean Cuisine...

So the other day, I was driving and listening to the radio, and a commercial came on for Carl's Jr.'s latest addition to their fast-food menu: The Philly Cheesesteak Burger.

And yes, it is exactly what it sounds like; namely, a burger patty with steak and cheese piled on top of it. Also known as "Heart Attack on a Plate."

I cannot adequately express what a good idea the Philly Cheesesteak Burger is, mainly because I think it's stupid. And I have a feeling I'm not the only one. Because right after the commercial for this unique culinary inspiration finished, the song "American Idiot" by Green Day began to play.

Someone at the radio station has a sense of humor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they're just trying to help natural selection on a little bit: ie, if you're dumb enough to eat one, you deserve a massive coronary. (It wouldn't work in a country with free medical care, though...whenever you see someone gorging themselves on a SPAM fritter and chips, or lighting up their tenth ciggie, or downing their tenth pint, all you here is your tax money being quietly flushed away...)