...I had severe Blogger difficulties, which prevented me from logging in to my account until now. Also I was *gasp* out shopping. I have a headache.
I'm going to watch TV now, because I'm tired. Amuse yourselves thinking about the story I might have written. Better yet, if you want, tell me what you think my true love got me today! I'd be interested to hear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"True Love" knocked on The Frogg's door. The Frogg opened her door to find "True Love" in top hat, scarf, a Chesterfield coat, boots and gloves. The vision seemed Dickensian.
True love bellowed, "Governess, 'tis the eve of Christmas and I've come to bring you happiness and good cheer". "I have trekked a thousand deserts to be here now". The Frogg, confused but receptive, and who continues to harbor a strong desire for that one kiss that will enable her transformation, indulges this radiant 18th Century stranger at her door.
"Sir", The Frogg says, "How is it that you can bring me happiness? You are from a different time, with different needs and wants.", The Frogg croaked. "I'm from the 21st Century, I have a computer and I can stay in bed all day if I want", she continued.
True love appeared confused. He had never had the experience of having anyone question his well intentioned offerings.
"Governess, indeed I am from long ago. However, for one's soul to be content then or now bears no difference", he said.
"It doesn't?", she asked.
"Indeed no, me lady!" "Happiness then and now can be achieved in the very same way. Everyone wants the same things then as they do now.", he explained.
The Frogg was transfixed. "I want what you're offering", "I want that gift of yours", "I want to be happy right now right away", she said.
"So be it me lady", he said.
"True Love" then danced a brief African style jig, reached into his coat's breast pocket and pulled out an envelope that he handed to The Frogg.
"In that envelope is a promise for achieving happiness that ranges three centuries, me lady"
"Merry Christmas!", he said. "True Love" turned about and walked away towards the California setting sun.
Breathlessly, The Frogg ripped the envelope open and read True Love's message of happiness that spans three centuries........
No more Rocky movies!
what? what??!!
how can you be hating on Rocky?
dude, don't mess!
("Rocky XXXVIII, Don't take it for granted!!")
ha, JerryNJ! totally enjoyed your contribution to the story. you would definitely win the prize, if this were a contest and i had prizes. since it isn't and i don't, all i'll say is, that... was... awesome!
thank you!
Post a Comment