This is the cowgirl once again. There has been a change of events in the last few hours, and since the last post. Actually, things change so much around here it's dizzying!
Instead of a needle biopsy, Dr. Cohen, her primary doctor, decided that a mediastinoscopy would be a better avenue to diagnose this "monstrous tumor." A media...blah blah...is basically a slightly invasive procedure where they enter the chest from the top of the breastbone, making an incision about 1 inch long at the base of the neck, and taking a small piece of the tumor for pathology. The procedure is relatively simple and will not take very long. This will give them a better idea of what kind of tissue they are dealing with. She will be under general anesthesia.
So we're sitting here in the pre-op awaiting the OR to open up. Trying to keep the parental units from worrying too much. The frogg is more popular than ever! It seems the phone rings off the hook and she is always checking voicemails that are being left. I'm jealous. My phone has hardly rung! :( just kidding. She's appreciative of everyone's prayers.
[N.B. this is the frogg. Can I just say that there have been many many MANY times when my phone has barely rung in a day. In fact, I can think of at least one occasion when I decided to pay attention to how often the phone rang, and let me tell you something — three days later, it hadn't rung once! No calls, no texts, NOTHING. So, boohoo cowgirl! Cry me a river... and then kick some tumbleweeds into it or something.]
The frogg is apparently worried that she is going to have to pee while under general. What the heck?! I mean, who worries about that? Of all the things to be thinking about right now, and she's hoping that she doesn't become suddenly incontinent on the table! God love her....
P.S. Apparently the surgery of choice today is eye surgery. I have seen three patients wheeled by with gigantic patches over their eyes. I'm thinking that maybe I should put a big "X" on the frogg's neck so they don't puncture an eye!
P.P.S Oh no! The doctor just came to sweep another victim off to eye surgery. As I was writing the above P.S. we overheard the doctor speaking to another patient saying, "You've been in for eye surgery before, haven't you?" We gotta get outta here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I just sent an e-mail, but, in short, I am sending all good thoughts your way, and I hope the doctors can remove this ... teratoma thingy .. quickly.
You guys are killing me! doh! i mean. . . i'm laughing really hard. which is a nice change. love you!!!!
Blogging in the hospital?? I had to pay £3 a day just for five channels of crappy British TV!
Hope everything goes/went well!
Brace yourself...they put a catheter in when you're under general anesthesia. Sorry, to be the one to break it to you...but, no worries about peeing the bed. Oh...and NOW will you join facebook?
The eye patch story was just as funny to read as it was to hear in person. :)
Apparently it's been so long since I've been on this site that I no longer have an account...so today I am anonymous...ok I'll tell you....its Donna! But not your cousin Donna....the other one. The original one. :)
HUGS!! See you soon!
So sorry to hear of this! We hope you recover quickly. Wishing you healing and courage, and it's clear you have a lot of the latter. Tedd & Christina H.
well let me try again this blog thing, i'm new on this things.
Got to see this on the positive side, now you have a forced holiday.
And you can talk with all of your friends, see it's a good thing.
wish you all good, best of all
Kiss, hugs, and beijocas
Leonor
PS You are puting me to write on a blog, unbelievable
Post a Comment