Well, I had hoped to update the frogg files while I was sitting in the doctor's office, but turns out they didn't have any wireless networks I could log onto without a password. So here I am, at home again FINALLY, after a marathon session of about six freaking hours. Thankfully, the cowgirl and a couple of friends kept me company at different times throughout the whole thing.
The experience has not stopped being totally surreal. I mean, just barely over two weeks ago I was in Thailand, and now I'm a cancer patient?! What the...???
Anyway, I'm feeling fine at the moment, apart from being pretty tired. The side effects of feeling sick don't necessarily kick in til tomorrow or even the next day, which is unsettling. Hard to plan your days when you have no idea if you'll suddenly be taken ill! Grrr.
As for the hair loss... *groan* I'll have to say goodbye to my long locks sometime next week. The nurse told me it was probably a good idea to cut it short first, so it wasn't totally traumatic when it starts falling out in big clumps. Like cutting it short isn't going to be traumatic, too! I said I wanted to wait and see; what if it DIDN'T fall out? She just nodded and smiled, and said, "OK, sure, yeah" and I knew she must have heard that about a billion times before. Oh well.
So I may be having a little haircutting party soon. But not til after my brother's wedding this weekend!
OK, feels like the drowsiness side effect from one of the many drugs I've had pumped into me today is kicking in. Naptime! Ciao for now, my lovelies...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations on surviving round one! And you weren't even knocked down! :-) I'm glad to hear that you'll still have your hair for your brothers wedding, anyway.
KILL BILL!!
Seriously...if I was there...I'd totally be hosting a head shaving party! (after the wedding of course) You take care and stay down and get better.
Six hours and no wireless! ARG! Well maybe you can write it up and have it ready to go when you get home.
Thanks for blogging about this. And I'm glad you can see the humor in it all too.
I'm praying you'll be feeling steller in no time!
~Donna H.
Ooh ... a head shaving party. Now those are fun. I helped a friend shave his head once--it is definitely a good idea to have assistance and take it slow. And then you can try out all these new wigs and looks!
Have a good trip, and enjoy the wedding!
You may be one of those people who look AMAZING with a bald head! I can at least imagine you with a bandana on all the time--that would go with your style well. They make some really good wigs now days too. I had a friend in Jr. High who went through having cancer and you couldn't even tell she had a wig!
Post a Comment