As we were driving out to Temecula this morning to tour the vineyards, I remembered a warm afternoon at a small winery just outside of Queenstown, New Zealand. My friends and I stopped there because the road was temporarily closed that we needed to take, so to pass the time until it opened, we thought we'd explore the winery, and have lunch there. It was a quiet, easily missable place if you weren't paying attention, so I will always be thankful that we were. We parked the car, and wandered around the grounds for a bit. In a pasture nearby, we saw goats that looked like little dogs, romping about playfully. They were very strange, and yet, perhaps for that reason, beautiful too.
Everything was colored in champagne shades that day.
Eventually, I drifted away from my friends to look at flowers and lie in the long grass. I don't know how much time passed, but I know it went too quickly.
I can't remember the name of the winery anymore. I hope it's still there. And the dog-goats too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment