Sunday, May 29, 2005

Good Night

It's late, and I'm having a cup of Moroccan mint green tea and some dark chocolate before bed. If there is a better recipe for pensiveness and introspection, you may tell me if you like. But this one is not bad at all.

And what am I thinking about right now? Well, any number of things, really. I'm thinking about what a great show I saw tonight at The Mint, with my friends Yardley taking the stage among others, and turning out a fun, energetic performance. I'm thinking about how refreshing it was to go to a church this morning that actually sang songs directed to God, about how wonderful he is. I'm thinking about how the mint tea is a fresh taste in my mouth, and that the chocolate blends well with it.

I'm thinking I need to get some classical music onto my iPod.

Nothing connects, but that's fine. It doesn't always have to. And you know what, my life still seems a bit frayed and precarious when I let myself analyze it, but that's ok too. I might stress about that tomorrow, but tonight, when I am about to fall asleep and I am happy that the night is not hot or cold, but blissfully in between, and the sound of a single cricket drifts through my open balcony door, and I can hear my brother singing and playing the guitar downstairs...ah, well, tonight I don't really feel stressed at all.

Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.--Psalm 131:2

Sweet dreams.

No comments: