Yesterday we had a power outage. I wrote a posting about it last night, but couldn't get online til now, so here it is. I'm sure it will be edifying and informative, as always.
The power went out at around 3:30pm; it is nearly 10pm now and still no power. I was watching TV when it happened. Well, actually I was lying on the couch in the same room as the TV, which was on, but I was not watching so much as moaning and groaning while I clutched an ice pack to my head in an attempt to soothe the mother of all headaches (and no, it was not a hangover). It was the sort of headache where it feels like your brain is swelling to twice its normal size and you don't know how it's even fitting inside your skull anymore, while meantime your eyes feel like they are going to burst and fall out of their sockets, and every time you sit up you wish you hadn't because a surge of pain goes through your head and you think it might explode, so you shove your hands against your temples in a desperate attempt to keep everything together, though you're not sure why you don't just give up and die, since that's what it seems like is happening to you anyway.
In other words, I was feeling very sorry for myself, and The Pelican Brief, despite having Denzel Washington in it, did little to improve either my mood or the pounding ache in my brain. So I wasn't too bothered when the picture on the screen suddenly imploded into a little white star before being snuffed into blackness. On the contrary, it seemed appropriate somehow.
However, trying to cook dinner by candlelight a few hours later because the power STILL hadn't come on was not nearly as romantic as it sounds.
Sadly, I missed seeing the Petal Stones at the Viper Room tonight. I am really a bad friend. Sorry, F!! I will try to make the next one!
What the...? Why, that wasn't edifying OR informative! In fact, it was totally pointless!
Ah, that's good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment