Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Ah, Vanity, Speak Thou A Little Softer...

Ok, so at the risk of sounding terribly vain and stuck on myself, I have to make the following statement:

I got my hair done today, and I look, well, freaking HOT.

I know how it sounds. But it's no use denying the truth, is it? And it's not often that I feel like I am dazzling, so I have to milk it when I do.

I went to a salon where everyone (customers and staff) was Chinese, except for yours truly. My friends, Hannah and Grace, who go there regularly and were the ones who recommended it, went with me and discussed my desired cut and color with the stylists in Chinese, while I nodded and smiled and hoped that they hadn't asked her to dye my hair black and give me bold green streaks or something, as a practical joke.

Thankfully, they did nothing of the kind. The process was long and arduous (four and a half hours, and included a full color, then shampoo, then highlight, then shampoo, then cut and style), but it was worth it. My hair looks awesome.

In fact, when I was at dinner with Hannah and Grace, and went to the restroom, I actually did a double take at the woman in the mirror, because it took me a second to realize that it was me.

Eyebrows will be done on Friday, and then I will be all ready for June 12! Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't deny the truth. Just remember don't ever change because genuine people like you are very rare in a world like this.

grackyfrogg said...

awwwwww, joey! thanks man. that is very sweet. :)

Philip said...

what? how can you talk yourself up like that, verbalize your excitement about your new hairstyle, but not throw up a picture?

but that sounds fun though, I suppose it's a joy reserved just for the girls :)
Enjoy your birthday!!

grackyfrogg said...

i am so cruel, aren't i. must be the crotchetiness of old age. haha.