Friday, June 10, 2005

Alive!

Well, I am alive this morning, which means that I didn't die, which means the spider from last night must not have crawled on my face. What a relief!

I still have no idea where it went though, and that is no less disturbing in the light of day than it was just before hitting the hay. (Ah, my poetic streak cannot be repressed!!)

Today is cold and gray (ha), and if my eyes don't deceive me, I believe there is a bit of misting going on...wait a sec. No, that's just the dirt on my windows making things look hazy and such. Hmmm. I really need to clean this place.

But it really is unseasonable weather for June in southern California. Usually about this time, I have forgotten that I own things like sweatshirts and sweaters (hoodies and jumpers for the New Zealanders/UKers/Aussies among us!); today I'm actually wearing them. Weird.

I guess I shouldn't complain though. By the time the dog days of August roll around, I'm sure I'll wish that I didn't own anything such as clothes.

Although I've always wondered why they call those the "dog days." Does anyone know? Dogs don't really seem all that happy when the weather is hot like that, so it seems weird that they would name hot days for them, but maybe that's just me.

2 comments:

Philip said...

will someone who lives close to the Frogg please throw her a party??

If I wasn't thousands of miles away.... (and lived near ;-))

common, this is a big ol' birthday!

grackyfrogg said...

i second the motion!!!