Sunday, June 19, 2005

Distracted

I am feeling very distracted today, for many reasons:

1) I can't find a pack of photo paper, which has been sitting on my desk for months while I didn't need it. Now that I need it (to make a Father's Day card, no less--nothing like waiting til the last minute!), of course I can't find it anywhere. I'm very annoyed by this.

2) The gargantuan spider that prompted a recent cleaning frenzy in my room has not been vanquished; it is alive and well, last seen in my bathroom. I still was not able to kill it, so I still have to worry about it crawling on my face at night when I'm asleep.

3) Leo's horrific shrieking gets worse every day, and terrible thoughts go through my head every time I pass his cage. I worry for my sanity and his safety; both are in an increasingly precarious position.

4) I am haunted by the knowledge that, try as I might (and I do try), I am not in fact a very nice, kind, or thoughtful person. And I also can't cook (but that has nothing to do with trying; more like the lack thereof--still, it's depressing).

5) I'd like to write about the King Tut exhibit and reception, which I attended yesterday, but I can't concentrate because of 1-4.

Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think your a nice person...

grackyfrogg said...

thanks, anon. i needed that.