Monday, June 20, 2005

Grumpy

I have been in a bad mood most of the day. Will someone please tell me a joke or something? I could really use a laugh.

At least my tooth stopped hurting. The giant spider is still in my bathroom, but I've lost the heart to do him harm. After all, he's made no move to harm me, so why can't we both just get along? I'm willing to give it a try, anyway. Besides, I don't want to clean up the mess that's bound to be left if I squooshed him with my shoe. Yuck.

(I keep hoping that he will be overcome by a sudden desire to see the great wide world OUTSIDE of my bedroom, and then I wouldn't have to even deal with him, but so far he is depressingly loyal to his territory.)

I also survived the DMV today with minimal damage to the deep reservoirs of patience that exist in the recesses of my psyche. Well, I am lying, I have no such reservoirs in my psyche or anywhere else, and for that reason I brought a book to read, and that is why I did not turn into a veritable EXPLOSION of impatience during the TWO HOURS that I waited to renew my license...a process, I might add, which took all of 10 whole minutes.

Then I had to go to the mall and stop by the store where I work, and of course co-workers had to ask me why I was "dressed up" because I wasn't wearing my typical scuffy jeans and T-shirt or whatever I usually wear, and I mean honestly, who wants to admit that the reason they look nice on a given day is because they have actually run out of clean scuffy clothes, and they had to do a load (or 2 or 3) of laundry, but of course you can't wear NOTHING when you are doing laundry (or you can, but not if you are going to go out of the house!), and all that was left was nice clothes?

Now I am killing time til I have to go back to work and actually work, as opposed to stopping by and not buying something that I was sure I was going to buy, until I got there and discovered that what I was going to buy was not actually the thing that I needed, and--oh never mind! If I go into it, I'm just going to get irritable all over again. (This is another pet peeve of mine, by the way: going shopping and returning home empty-handed. I hate shopping anyway, so when this happens, it's like insult to injury. I could sulk for days in the aftermath of a non-successful shopping venture.)

Ok, enough. I am going to take my snarky, snarly-cat self and go sit in the sun for awhile. I will feel better when I am tan...at least, assuming I don't get skin cancer, which will make me feel not better at all. In fact, I think I could safely say that that will do some damage to the deep reservoirs of tranquility and happiness that I'd like to think (but am not entirely sure) exist somewhere in the recesses of my psyche.

No comments: