Ack! It's been--let's see--three days since my last post! I'm slipping terribly. My apologies to you all...
(Becca says that maybe I just wanted to leave my picture up longer for everyone to see. I said maybe she's right. Ah, vanity, vanity!)
I don't actually have much to say today, except this. Customers can be very frustrating people. I am utterly mystified by them at times. For example, they have this tendency to be aggrieved when you are out of stock on particular items that they want, as if they suspect you did it on purpose, to spite them. Or they act like they suspect you of not telling the truth, that in fact you have HUNDREDS of whatever it is they want in the back, and you are just telling them you don't have it so you can go into the breakroom later and laugh at them maniacally behind their backs with all your mean-spirited co-workers.
Let me assure everyone right now that this is not the case. If we don't have it, we don't have it, and all the moaning, groaning, questioning, and angry gesticulation will do absolutely nothing to make it appear. Trust me on this, ok? Please. if not for the sake of my sanity, then for the sake of your blood pressure. Your health is a precious thing; don't break it over not getting an iPod Nano or something like that before everyone else on your block does. For the love...!
On another note entirely: I noticed finally that the days are growing very short. It is dark already and only 7:30pm. I love the autumn, and am looking forward to it eagerly, even though I live in California where autumn doesn't happen in any sort of spectacular displays. But it does get cooler, and sometimes you smell woodsmoke on the air if you go for a walk in the evening, and that's good enough for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment