Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sick

Not feeling well today. Mostly I have a sore throat. I hate sore throats. They put me in a bad temper, especially when I have to talk to people a lot, as I do for my job. I don't want to talk to anyone when my throat hurts. I just want to curl up in my bed, with some Sprite or 7Up within easy reach on the side table, and ignore the world. I also crave ice cream.

Sigh.

(In the process of writing this, I seem to be developing a cough as well. That will not improve my mood.)

I'm tired. And I was going to straighten my hair before work, because yesterday I went in with it really wild (one of my co-workers was kind enough to call it the wind-blown look, which made me laugh--it was more like the I-just-jumped-out-of-an-airplane-and-fell-thousands-of-feet-at-high-speeds look), but I can't seem to get myself out of bed.

On the other hand, maybe I'll feel better if I make myself look really hot. Or not, come to think of it, because I'm reminded of a conversation I had with one of my guy friends last night, in which I was informed (not for the first time, mind you) that my looks probably intimidate guys. In other words, I'm so good-looking that I'm scary! If only I looked less good I'd get more dates!

Gah. l hate the world. It's stupid.

Did I mention I have a sore throat and feel miserable? I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hug and kiss on the head for you! feel better?
aunt b

grackyfrogg said...

awww aunt b! i do, a little. can i have some constant comment too?? it always seems to taste best at your house, for some reason. :)

Philip said...

so good looking you scare guys? i know a lot of girls who wouldn't mind that ;-)

i like how you can just 'make yourself look really hot'

catching up reading after moving out and not having lots of time online.

grackyfrogg said...

heh...well, what i hope i look like and what is actually the case, those may not always be entirely the same thing, beautiphil! :) but i like to think positive! haha.