Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Have Decided

I am not a cat person.

Today I was trying to work on my newspaper article (done! yes!), and Lulu the Dying Breather wanted to be in my lap and get some attention. That charmed me for awhile, until she started to get cat hair all over my keyboard. Also, she has really bad breath.

I am all itchy now, and my nose is stuffed up. Argh, allergies!

Oh well, it's worth it; I mean the cats are a very small price to pay for the chance to be in a different place for a little while, and I don't hate them. They are pretty well-behaved and keep to themselves mostly, except when they want to be petted (Lulu) or drink out of the bathtub faucet (Pould). Besides, just about any creature under the sun would be better than the insufferable Leo, whom I miss not at all.

Speaking of animals, I thought I might go to the zoo today, since I have the day off. Then I thought, maybe I should get my eyebrows done. Can't do both, which will it be? Education or beautification?

I leave it to your imagination. You should know me well enough by now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I've always thought of catbert as a proper empitome of the feline species - they keep humans around for their amusement.

Irony - the spice of life.

Anonymous said...

PS After reading some "olde stuff" (you know - catching up and all that jazz) I have decided to name the male protagonist of my first movie Joe ... just for you gracky.

I'm so generous.

grackyfrogg said...

and so sweet...i think. :)

littlekappa, it's good to see you around again. don't be such a stranger.

Philip said...

This may interest you:
Blogging vs. Writing

grackyfrogg said...

thanks for the link; i like the article. i have definitely felt the same way about writing as opposed to blogging. it was interesting to read that someone else has the same experience! although for me personally, i think the way blogging affects my "regular" writing most is that it sucks away the time i could be spending on it!! ha.

thanks again!

Anonymous said...

After some perusal of "the Frogg Files" i was thoroughly disappointed to find that i have not a link to call my own anywhere to be found. This cuts me to the core.

i thought we were closer than this.

Really, i'm just messing around...but, seriously

Anonymous said...

so what was the verdict? hairy animals or un-hairy eyebrows? I'm guessing beautification won out. Although seen in a different light i think getting your eyebrows done can be quite educational as well. ;)

grackyfrogg said...

skwerlman! i am a terrible friend! i haven't updated my links in a while, but i will now! :) you definitely deserve a link, my friend. consider it done.

grackyfrogg said...

heh...well that's an interesting story becca. fact is, neither one happened!!! my paycheck didn't turn up, so i was strapped for money, and just couldn't justify taking out $20 for the sake of my vanity (which you are absolutely right would have won the day!).

then i got home and found $20 in my wallet, tucked in among a vast array of random receipts and things that i never clear out of there. i was, shall we say, a little annoyed.

and then i couldn't find the dang corkscrew....!!!! gah!