There may very well be lots of reasons why the frogg is still single, but her omelettes sure aren't one of them. Mmmm-MMMM!
I'm feeling unaccountably generous tonight, so here's my award-winning recipe. Which hasn't exactly won an award, per se. But it should. I'd vote for it.
So enjoy, and don't say I never gave you anything!
"Frogg's Eggs"
Heat some butter and lemon olive oil in a frying pan. (If you want to know exact amounts or temperatures, I can't tell you. Just guess. That's what I do.)
Break 2 or 3 eggs into a bowl/cup, and whip them up with a fork or whisk.
When butter/oil in pan is hot, pour in the eggs.
As eggs are frying, sprinkle stuff you like on them--tonight, I used pieces of Dubliner cheese (feta is also an excellent choice), turkey, some Dean Jacobs bread-dipping olive-oil seasoning (parmesan and garlic), and just a tiny bit of salt. (Again, no measurements, which the frogg believes are a barrier to creativity. Cook outside the lines, folks.)
After a few minutes, when the eggs are pretty firm, flip them over. DON'T FOLD. Unless you want to. But then they will not be Frogg's Eggs, they will be someone else's. Mine stay flat. Now cook until the edges are just getting brown. I don't know how long it takes, because I don't pay attention. Then serve it up!
If you are me, you will have them with a sweet V. Sattui muscat (because that's the only white wine in the house). Of course, if you elect to have them for breakfast instead of dinner, I recommend something more traditional and less alcoholic, like, say, orange juice.
In any case, bon appetit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I never knew you were a wine snob...
me neither! am i?
Probably not...you know, the whole recipe sounds fantastic. However, I have never come across "lemon olive oil". Where do I get this type of oily stuff?
well, at the risk of now sounding like an olive-oil snob, i got my jar at a little wine-tasting room in napa valley! ha. but, i did come across a similar product at my local farmer's market... can't remember the maker, i'll try to go there again and find out... because eventually i'm going to run out of mine too!
they may have it in grocery stores, i've just never looked.
but of course, you don't have to use lemon olive oil, i just kind of like the hint of flavor it adds to the eggs.
My face has COMPLETE SHOCK on it after reading this!!! grace is COOKING. oh man, wait, yes, i think the earth actually just stopped rotating and time as we know it will never be the same. nor will the kitchen!
Post a Comment