Well, the search is over, folks. As you know, I am a bizarre-news junkie. I can't get enough of weird, quirky news stories, and I am always on the lookout for the elusive this-can't-possibly-be-real headline. At long last, I have discovered what I can only assume is the most hilarious headline ever written by man or woman, at least up until this point. (Many thanks to Dave Barry's blog.)
Are you ready? Drum roll please. Here it is:
Filipino judge sacked for consulting trio of mystic dwarves
And as if that weren't hilarious enough, check out the first paragraph:
A Filipino judge who "claimed he could see into the future and admitted consulting imaginary mystic dwarfs" is asking to be reinstated after getting the boot for incompetence, Reuters reports.
There's so much I'd like to say about this, but really... the article says it all.
I do wonder how the journalist felt who got assigned this story. Then again, having had some, shall we say, intriguing assignments myself in my occasional tenure as a contributor to the local hometown rag, I think I can pretty well imagine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment