Tonight, at a friend's house, I picked up a book called The Art of Travel. Flipping through, I found the following poem by Baudelaire. It made me think of someone I used to know. It also made me feel a little sad.
But... like The Outsider, I do love clouds.
"THE OUTSIDER"
Tell me, whom do you love most, you enigmatic man: your father, your mother, your sister or your brother?
I have neither father, nor mother, nor sister, nor brother.
Your friends?
You’re using a word I’ve never understood.
Your country?
I don’t know where that might lie.
Beauty?
I would love her with all my heart, if only she were a goddess and immortal.
Money?
I hate it as you hate God.
Well then, what DO you love, you strange outsider?
I love the clouds… the clouds that pass by… over there… over there… those lovely clouds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment